Arc Flash PPE Awareness Training
Personnel undertaking service or maintenance work on industrial equipment will get a good overview of Arc Flash hazards and the importance of wearing appropriate Arc Flash PPE.
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
We are accredited by NSAI to Quality Management System I.S. EN ISO 9001:2015. On passing an examination, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
Our course syllabus is comprehensive and includes the following:
- Types of Arc Flash & Intensity
- Arc Flash Hazards – Causes, Incidents & Injuries
- Health and Safety Legislation in Ireland & UK – brief overview
- Arc Flash Standards including IEEE 1584 Standard& NFPA 70E
- Arc Flash Boundary & Labelling on Electrical Panels
- Arc Flash PPE – Understanding Certification, Standards, Arc
- Rating & Symbols
- The Role of Protective Workwear against Arc Flash
- Types of Arc Flash PPE Arc Flash PPE – Proper Use & Care Guide
Our Training Courses are held in either Portlaoise or on-site depending on your preference. Each session usually takes 2 hours.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- EH&S Personnel
- Safety Officers
- Plant Managers
- Maintenance Operatives undertaking service or maintenance work on industrial equipment
On completion of the course you will have a very good understanding of:
- What is Arc Flash?
- Arc Flash Hazards and Incidents
- Arc Flash Legislation & Standards – a brief overview
- Arc Flash Boundary and Labelling on Electrical Panels
- Arc Flash PPE – Certification, Standards and Ratings
- Arc Flash PPE – different types of garments
- Arc Flash PPE – Proper Use and Care Guide
Our trainer has over 10 years’ experience in the electrical industry and 4 years as a Trainer.
- FETAC Level 6 – Train the Trainer
- FPX Leadership and Project Management
- FETAC Level 6 – Electrician
- City & Guilds Level 3 Inspection,
- Testing & Verification of Electrical Equipment
In addition to this, we have an excellent Arc Flash PPE knowledge as we are authorised distributors for the main suppliers including ProGARM, Fristads and Tranemo.